Tanya Stephens : What a day

|

I'm tired of the hunger I see on people's faces

Tired of the animosity between the races

Tired of corruption in high and low places

And pricks with money but no social graces

Tired of being judged for the style in my hair

And the music that I listen and the clothes that I wear

Tired of life and death being sold as a pair

and politicians who keep saying they care but

Maybe hoping for a change is a dream

Maybe life aint as bad as it seems

But if dreaming is the best I can do i'll be dreaming my whole life through







What a day when war becomes a thing of the past


and peace, we will have it at last


and life is finally worth its cost and oh oh oh What a day


when men finally live what they teach


and love aint just a concept we preach


and blood no longer runs in the streetsoh oh oh, what a day






Tired of leaving church feeling like I've just been robbed


2 hours of rambling not much mention of God


The richest man's the only one who does not have a job


A bunch of righteous freaks extorting worse than the mob


Tired of baby momma tired of babydaddy


Chilling in the spot where the parents should be


Teenage mother saying "Lea' ma bi'niz alone"


In 20 years the kid could be robbing my home but


I got a vision of a whole other plain


Where the spiritual can flourish again


I'm just waiting for the fire to rain


Burn dung everything and start clean

0 reacties: